Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Typical Monday

I set myself up for frustration yesterday. Now that I look back at the day, I'm glad it's all behind me. Maybe I should do that more often...put the less desirable tasks on top of the to-do list and altogether so that once they're taken care of I can relax. Of course, there are new frustrations to deal with today, end of year / business payroll taxes and dealing with customer service are behind me.

Taxes. Just tell me what I owe (or better yet, the government owes me.) I don't understand half the terminology. I don't remember what I did from one quarter to the next let alone one year to the next. I am so glad I didn't go to college for accounting! I took a "College Accounting" class in high school and did really well but I don't know what happened because now I despise budgets, taxes, financial anything. I can keep spreadsheets for groceries, Christmas, business, etc. but do not ask me to remember anything related to numbers. I'm serious. Just ask my brother or my husband. Alas, everything's signed, paid, off to the copier and then to the mailbox. Whew.

Then I had the opportunity to deal with technical "support" for a popular website. In the end, I knew more than they did. And I don't mean that boastfully. I don't know much. I know many people think I do, but what I know is to say "I don't know...let me see if I can find that out for you." Not these folks. They read from their scripts, make me call back when they don't reply after 9 hours and tell me I can't speak with a supervisor. Anything to avoid saying "I don't know." In the end, I was able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out the solution.

Today's a new day. Lots to be done. If I accomplish it all, I will feel terrific. If I don't, sleep will elude me. Off to get 'er done ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment