Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Time may change me, but you can't trace time

Change is on my mind this morning. "Minor" annoyances when I'm quite happy with the old...like ever evolving cell phone technology, Facebook layouts, and 'systems' (taking a step back in time with Amazon after much success on eBay.) And more significant changes like the end of elementary school for our family, my future income means (notice that I didn't say work LOL), and sending a kid off to middle school now that I know what to expect (so naive when Kayla went to 6th grade...so naive.)

Some changes are exciting...I can't wait to see where Kayla's path takes her after high school. So many options she's considering. The world is her oyster.

Our holiday season is officially over now that Colin's birthday is behind us. The change from a decorated house and anticipation of celebrations to cold & dark days is a change I don't enjoy. Hopefully we'll be inundated with snow or spring will arrive quickly; it's the in between that brings me down.

Colin won't be playing rec ball for Glen Allen this spring. That's a change I'm having a very hard time with because it is all social for me. But I'm proud of him for making a mature decision to focus more intently on developing his skills with travel ball and recognizing there are limits to how much he can do in the course of a week while still being a kid.

I wonder what will change in the next week, month and year for our family. So thankful to have friends with us along the way.

This blog title is from David Bowie's song "Changes." Time may change me, but you can't trace time. You can't go back. There is no re-do button in life. Embrance the change and trust in the Lord to guide your way.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ Changes are taking the pace I'm going through. ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment