Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sunshine

I'm in the process of un-decorating the house from Christmas. We take a lot of our "home decor" down when Christmas decorations go up. So right now my living room looks much like it did when we moved in - no pictures hanging on the wall, empty mantle, etc. There's something so clean and fresh about a blank slate. Oh how I wish I had the patience and money to paint the walls while the room was in this condition. But, alas, today the pictures go back up and it will all feel like home once again.

I thought I liked this transition period. It gives me the opportunity to clean "behind the scenes" and appreciate what we've done to make our house our home. But what I learned yesterday is that I really miss Mr. Sunshine! The sun peeked through the clouds for a little while yesterday afternoon and THAT'S what lifted my spirits. Not the pictures on the wall, but the sunlight coming through the windows. I couldn't help but smile and share my excitement with a friend, and I was so glad the neighborhood boys were outside soaking in that warm, beautiful sunshine while they could.

Looking out my office window this morning, I see blue skies with wispy white clouds and a spot of sunshine on the leaves. It's going to be bright, sunshiny day. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment