Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ginny, Part 3: A Friendship Blossoms

This is one of the first digital pictures I have of Maggie Moo; 
it was taken by Ginny in her house.

I'm not exactly sure this was our first social event, but it stands out as the beginning of a beautiful family-like friendship.

So the routine had been set that Ginny would bring Maggie to our house in the morning, Maggie would spend the day with me while I worked from home and the kids after school, and Ginny would pick her up in the evening after work.
This is Moo sitting on my work table...
she'd sit in my lap all day if I could be productive 
with a warm ball of fur in my way!

But doggie-daycare was only a part of our services. Ginny was on the road. A lot. Obviously she would travel with the team for away games, which usually meant at least two days on the road but sometimes more. Ginny also did a lot of recruiting, which would sometimes be over a week on the road. She was gone all of July except for one week every year. The first year I think Maggie spent that month with Grammy in Philly, but after that she just stayed with us every year. The team traveled over Thanksgiving every year, so Maggie would celebrate the holiday with us. The team also had a big international trip every few years. There were some people who saw the dogs at our house so much that they'd begin to question that they were really ours. They were definitely Ginny's; we just got the pleasure of spoiling them a lot!

Early on, Ginny's father passed away while she was on the road. Later that year, we were planning a family cookout for Pierce for Father's Day. Realizing this would be Ginny's first Father's Day without her father, I invited her to join us. From that point on, she was part of every cookout, every family celebration, and so much more. Our property line blurred and we welcomed each other into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment