Sunday, November 25, 2012

#1 Health

I'm currently doing a Bible study called She's Got Issues; seriously good news for stressed-out, secretly scared control freaks like us. I mean seriously...the title alone screams my name!
 

This week's lesson was called "Quitting the Comparison Game" and the assignment was to find one hundred things to be grateful for, paying special attention to areas of my life where I am prone to compare.

I figured this was a great inspiration for 100-days of blogging.

#1 Health

Yes, believe it or not if you've seen me recently, I am actually grateful for my health. I may be severely overweight, and I realize that this is not a good condition for me longterm, but so far God has kept be quite healthy. Knock on wood.

Realizing this appreciation for my health opened my eyes to the fact that despite being thankful for my good health (low blood pressure, good cholesterol numbers, stamina, strong eyes and hearing, etc.), I constantly compare myself to others. Because while everyone else is fighting elevated blood pressures and cholesterol levels, these high numbers aren't visible like high weight. So I will thank God for the health he's given me (and continue to look for the healthy answer to my weight loss goals.)


Who knows, maybe this will become a "before" picture in 2013?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment