Friday, February 4, 2011

Do you ever wonder why some friendships end?

Have you read that "article" about friends coming into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime? I can't find the source, but found plenty of reprints online.

I fully agree and understand that some friendships are not forever (or that some remain forever in our heart even if we're not still in touch.) Ironically, Facebook has changed that philosophy a bit as some long lost friends have been brought back into our lives, so I guess we weren't fully done being friends yet. But it's obvious that some people will no longer be part of our lives once we've moved on from our commonality - be it school, job, neighborhood, church, etc.

Yet I have also experienced the end of some friendships that puzzle me to this day. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding that we could never quite straighten out, or lost contact information (because hard as I try, there are some people I simply can't find on the Internet!). Maybe it was social or parental influences or simply losing track of time and then losing track of each other. No matter the reason, I feel a void for those lost friendships and they're on my mind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment