Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Feast Nights Haywood-style

When Pierce & I were a young couple, Friday night's meant going to a local bar to share a pitcher of beer and chicken wings. Simple. Enjoyable. And something we could look forward to all week.

Well now we enjoy "happy hour Fridays" Haywood-style complete with cold beer (for the adult males), bar-type food usually, and family time.

First Colin usually hangs with friends after school. Kayla comes home and unwinds from her day, checks on her animals, and touches base with friends. Then my brother Skip joins us, typically for a round of hoops or wiffle ball to start the evening off right. On his way home from work, Pierce blasts his "Friday happy song" while I start preparing for our feast (tonight we're grilling Bubba Burgers and Colin will make smoothies later in the evening.)

And then we gather around the TV for Wheel of Fortune at 7pm (I am practicing for when I get called to go on the show) followed by hours of American Idol which we DVR'ed from Wednesday & Thursday. Someone always knows what happened, either intentionally (Kayla) or accidentally. It's hard to avoid the hype between news websites, Facebook and friends.

The night ends by me complaining my entire body hurts from eating too much AND sitting around too long! But boy do I look forward to Friday feast nights all day Friday!!!


♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ And my house it's not much to talk about
But it's filled with love
That's grown in southern ground

And a little bit of chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment