Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Positive Project: Summer 2011

My friend was telling me about a book called "The Positive Project." I'm not too familiar with the book, but what little she told me inspired to look back on the positives of this summer because I feel guilty about how happy I am that summer 2011 is coming to an end.



  • Kayla spent a week with my parents in Florida

  • Kayla successfully completed Algebra II, sticking it out for 7 long weeks of 7:30-1:30 M-Th classes (and I managed to get her there on time every day!)

  • Colin swam for the HCRA Marlins, making it to practice every day and participating in every swim meet, even those which went past midnight or rolled into a second night

  • Pierce volunteered at every swim meet

  • I managed to keep the HCRA Marlins swim team board up-to-date until swim team picnic night

  • I made it to the gym more this summer than last summer (despite missing an entire month due to illness & vacation!)

  • Colin kept up his baseball training with twice weekly practice and/or scrimmages

  • Kayla made money pet-sitting, babysitting, and cake making

  • Colin's social circle quadrupled

  • Kayla past her 3-day road test

  • We managed to get together with some friends outside of kids' activities

  • We made it to a Flying Squirrels game and two Washington Nationals games

  • We made it up to New York to visit some of Pierce's family and the Kolariks

  • Kayla participated in band camp

  • Kayla got her drivers license

  • Kayla was a Kick-off Mentor at Tiger Camp

  • Colin completed a week of basketball camp

  • We survived an earthquake

  • We survived a hurricane

  • We paid fees for 2 of the 3 free, public schools the kids will be attending this fall
Considering the list of accomplishments, it's hard to believe the list of canceled plans because I ran out of steam, missed doctors appointments, and forgotten tasks. What a summer! Between all of these activities and being sick for a month, there was hardly any time to breath and my house is a disaster zone.

My September calendar is updated and it looks like we'll actually have time to really enjoy Friday night lights, band competitions, fall baseball league games and family dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment